I'll be traying to takle Moonlight's and Obsidian's challenge
Task the First: The Winter Wonderland:
- Read a book that is set in a snowy place.
- If you are lucky enough to live in a snowy place, or even if you aren't, take a walk outside and post a picture of something pretty you encountered on your way.!
Task the Second: The Silent Nights:
- Read a book set in one of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland and/or Denmark), where winter nights are long!
- Get your hygge on! Hygge is a Danish concept that relates to being content and cozy. Put on your fuzziest socks, light a candle, and spend some time (reading) in front of the fireplace or your coziest nook. Post a picture if you want!
Task the Third: The Holiday Party:
- Read a book where a celebration is a big part of the action. Examples would include holiday parties, country house hunting/weekend parties, weddings, etc.
- Make something that is considered party food where you are from, and post a picture of it on booklikes.
Task the Fourth: The Gift Card:
- Read a book that you either received as a gift or have given as a gift.
- Give a book to a friend and post a picture of the wrapped present.
Task the Fifth: The Kwanzaa:
- Read a book written by an African-American author or set in an African country.
- Make a small donation to a charitable organization that operates in Africa.
Task the Sixth: The Hanukkah:
- Let the dreidel choose a book for you: create a list of four books, and assign a dreidel symbol to each one (Nun = miracle; Gimel = great; He = happened; Shin = there, i.e. Israel). Google "spin the dreidel," and a dreidel comes up for you to spin. Give it a spin and read the book that the dreidel chooses!
- Make a traditional Hanukkah food like doughnuts or potato latkes. Post a picture, or tell us how they turned out!
Task the Seventh: The Christmas:
- Read a book set during the Christmas holiday season.
- Grab your camera (or your phone) and set up a Christmas bookstagram-style scene with favorite holiday reads, objects or decorations. Possibly also a cat. Post it for everyone to enjoy!
Task Eighth: The Movie Ticket
- Read a book that has been adapted to a holiday movie.
- Go see a new theater release this holiday season (during November/December. This does not have to be a holiday movie, so yes, Fantastic Beasts will qualify).
Task the Ninth: The Happy New Year
- Every year you get a little bit older! Read a coming of age novel or any old favorite comfort read to start the new year right.
- If you're feeling brave, post a holiday picture of yourself from your childhood or misspent youth.
Task the Tenth The Holiday Down Under
- Read a book set in Australia or by an Australian author, or read a book you would consider a "beach read".
- Christmas crackers are a traditional part of an Australian Christmas. Buy some (or make your own) to add to your festivities and share some pictures!
Task the Eleventh: The Polar Express
- Read a book that involves train travel (such as Murder on the Orient Express).
- Read a classic holiday book from your childhood (to a child if you have one handy) or tell us a story about a childhood Christmas you'd like to share.
Task the Twelfth: The Wassail Bowl
- Read a book set in the UK, preferably during the medieval or Victorian periods (for those of us doing the Merlin read-along, the Crystal Cave works for this task).
- Drink a festive, holiday beverage, alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Take a picture of your drink, and post it to share - make it as festive as possible!
This will be so much fun!! *grins* I'll be thinking about which books to place where.