Revealing Eden - Victoria Foyt

Putting the WHAT THE FUCK in the Avoid shelf.

If the blurb didn't make it obvious that it was a horrible, horrible idea about to be dreadfully executed, the video left it clear. I watched the promotional in youtube with utter incredulity. For quite a bit, I wavered between outrage and laughter, because I was almost convinced it was a satire. No way it was serious. No way someone had thought THAT was the way to promote a book. And then I saw it was in the book page, and just froze. I mean, HOW? WHY? What the fuck was the author, the editorial, the... the PR dep. and the video makers thinking (taking really), for fucks sake!

I lead a fairly privileged life, and I feel insulted. I'm sure I can't even begin to approach how any person of any given minority must feel about this book. I just want to punch the author for saddling this onto the public. There is no need, no fucking reason or excuse to seemingly flip the numbers to make racism relatable in this shallow way. Good authors have done successfully without recurring to a stupid devise, not to mention using extremely insulting stereotypes.

Here, damn it, you want to combat racism? Go for these ones:

The Color Purple